Thursday 21 February 2013

Cynthia Rowley Duo

Hey Dolls 

Today I am going to share a brand that I had never heard of until I received this duo for Christmas. Not only had I never heard of Cynthia Rowley as a nail polish brand  but I had never heard of her as a designer.

The two colors I received are a hot pink (left) and a blue and pink glitter (right) polish.
One thing I can say I was not pleased with right off the bat is that these nail polishes have no names. I love looking up swatches and this makes it impossible to try and see if I like other polishes from her. 
 The hot pink is a neon but it has a little bit more gloss to it then normal neon's, although I do think it could have used a top coat. Why did I not put top coat on this?? This is three coats which were very easy to apply and not streaky at all.
I was going to put the glitter on all my nails but when I opened the bottle I decided against it. It smelt like the time that I bought knock-off OPI nail polish from the flea market. It was a very overpowering chemical smell that gave me shivers lol!! Anyways I do like the glitter outcome if only it did not smell so terrible!!

Overall, I would not recommend buying this duo, however I have seen some nice swatches of other nice colors that people give good reviews on.....but they do not have names so I'm not quiet sure how you would go about finding those exact ones!!

                                                                   
                                             KatXoXo

9 comments:

Vicky said...

I have never heard of that brand either! Shame about the smell of the glitter as it actually looks a lovely colour xx

Books and Lilies said...

very girly indeed
p.s. next time when you open that glittery one, put a mask on your face :-D

Woo Be Red said...

I love your honest review! The colours look great, but a bad whiff is definitely a deal breaker.

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, I’m your newest GFC follower!

Jo x
www.woobered.com

Fash Boulevard said...

Great review. Thanks, love. I hope you have a fabulous weekend. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Nice post!!:):) i'm following you, visit my blog if you want!!:):)
http://anordinarylifestylebook.blogspot.it/

Claudia C. said...

Lovely mani. That glitter nail polish looks great :)

Unknown said...

Looks lovely and I love the blingy bottle haha! I am a new follower :) Could it be a fake polish? Sometimes they smell horrendously chemically.
Maybe you could check my blog out when you have a minute :) www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

ania said...

I love your blog! It's great :) Feel free to my blog :)) Maybe, you follow my blog ? ♥ (If you like it)

Pandorah's Box said...

That's so weird that they didn't have names!!!

I really like the hot pink color though!